Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Alternative to InputBox

Excel does not support this type of operation. Frank Kabel suggested using
the selectionchange event. You could possibly combine that with the display
of a modeless userform to provide the font and indicate that the next event
would indicate a user selection.

Tom Ogilvy

"MAS" wrote in message
I have written my code and it does what I want but I was hoping to tidy it
up with some more intuitive means of input.

Is it is now :

StaffName = Application.InputBox("Click on the Name of the Person
Requesting", _
"Request", , , , , , 8).Value

Very basic inbox comes up.
The user has to click on a cell.
User Clicks on "OK"
The content of the selected cell is processed as a variable.

What I want to do:
Prompt the user to click on a cell
User clicks on Cell
Process the content of the cell as a variable.

It seems so simple but I can't see a way to do what I want.

MAS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this in any sheet

MsgBox "Target = " & Target
End Sub

Regards
Steve

"MAS" wrote in message
I have written my code and it does what I want but I was hoping to tidy

it
up with some more intuitive means of input.

Is it is now :

StaffName = Application.InputBox("Click on the Name of the Person
Requesting", _
"Request", , , , , , 8).Value

Very basic inbox comes up.
The user has to click on a cell.
User Clicks on "OK"
The content of the selected cell is processed as a variable.

What I want to do:
Prompt the user to click on a cell
User clicks on Cell
Process the content of the cell as a variable.

It seems so simple but I can't see a way to do what I want.

MAS

InputBox GeorgeJ Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 July 12th 07 01:20 AM
Inputbox with VBA Jeff Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 January 19th 06 05:18 PM
InputBox Hargrove Excel Programming 2 April 29th 04 07:43 PM
inputbox help lothario[_60_] Excel Programming 4 December 7th 03 12:26 AM
inputbox Lawson Excel Programming 2 October 7th 03 08:58 PM