Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Querying Password protetected Access DB with ADO

Thanks in advance for your help.

I am trying to query a password protected Access DB using ADO.
believe I have the password in the syntax but I'm not sure so this ma
be causing the problem (this is the first time I've coded the passwor
into VB). But the error I am getting is this:

Run-time error '-2147217843(80040e4d)':

Cannot start your application. The workgroup information file i
missing or opened exclusively by another user.

This error occurs right as it is trying to open the path. Am I missin
something obvious? Is this file protected in some other way or have
just coded this wrong? I'm not real comfortable with ADO yet (or VB i
general for that matter) so please be kind.

Here is my code:

'Set DatabasePath
DatabasePath = "C:\DatabaseFolder\Database.mdb"

'Create the connection to the Warranty Database
Set conn = New ADODB.Connection
With conn
.Provider = "Microsoft.JET.OLEDB.4.0"
.Open DatabasePath, Password:="myPassword"
End With

any ideas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Corbin wrote ...

I am trying to query a password protected Access DB using ADO. I

See:

http://www.able-consulting.com/MDAC/...orMicrosoftJet

Jamie.