Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Vlookup from a a different workbook with filters assistance please

Hi

I have a workbook with which I am pulling information from another workbook using vlookup. However, I am trying to minimise the amount of information that is pulled in by having filters. For instance, we may be trying to pull information from column Z in another workbook. There are 800 rows in COlumn Z. Column AF distinguishes whether the infromation from column Z has been paid or not by having either a Y for paid or an N for not paid. By having filters showing only rows where there is a N in column AF, the number of returns we are after may only be 20 or so from the 800.

I am putting my entire formula here with the hope that someone may be able to point me in the right direction where I will be able to only pick the 20 or so details. We have tried the formula with the filter on in the other workbook but it still pulls all the information over.

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($A6,'\\comp\data$\clients\2004 Loan Folders\February 2004 Sub Loan\[February Sub Loan 2004 INTEREST DUE 02-04.xls]Address Details'!$A$3:$V$800,22,FALSE)),0,VLOOKUP($A6,'\\c omp\data$\\clients\2004 Loan Folders\February 2004 Sub Loan\[February Sub Loan 2004 INTEREST DUE 02-04.xls]Address Details'!$A$3:$V$800,22,FALSE))

Thanks in advance

Malcolm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

the hidden rows in your workbook won't have any effect on your =vlookup()
formula.

Maybe you could do another vlookup() to return the key value, then use that in
your giant formula:

=if(vlookup(returnkeyhere)="what you want here",yourgiantformula)

--

Dave Peterson