Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Finding a Row and cut and copy

I was not able to solve my problem yet. I am trying to find a ro
carrying certain data in a page and I want to cut this row and paste t
another page.

VLOOKUP finds any data at the search column and and copies the indexe
value found at the place where the VLOOKUP required.

With this I can copy all the row that found data exist. But my proble
is also to delete the contents of the copied row or indidually th
cells at their original place.

When I use FIND Function it behaves similar to VLOOKUP and finds an
copies the data where it is required, When I use the Search under th
File Tab in Excell it finds and shows the row that I want to operate
This is cool but it requires the search data to be typed (no cut an
paste allowed). But I dont want to type it because I want to use thi
operation, finding, cutting and pasting in a macro.

Do I want something impossible ?

If anyone can help I will be greatfull.

Taner Kalka

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Using Find
If you copy the data, then you have its original location and you can then
clear it as a separate step.

Tom Ogilvy

"Taner Kalkay " wrote in
message ...
I was not able to solve my problem yet. I am trying to find a row
carrying certain data in a page and I want to cut this row and paste to
another page.

VLOOKUP finds any data at the search column and and copies the indexed
value found at the place where the VLOOKUP required.

With this I can copy all the row that found data exist. But my problem
is also to delete the contents of the copied row or indidually the
cells at their original place.

When I use FIND Function it behaves similar to VLOOKUP and finds and
copies the data where it is required, When I use the Search under the
File Tab in Excell it finds and shows the row that I want to operate.
This is cool but it requires the search data to be typed (no cut and
paste allowed). But I dont want to type it because I want to use this
operation, finding, cutting and pasting in a macro.

Do I want something impossible ?

If anyone can help I will be greatfull.

Taner Kalkay

---