Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Conditional Formatting question

Dear All,

Could anyone help me with the following question:

I have a spreadsheet with a column of cells that are coloured (colored
in purple whilst a project is incomplete but which are then coloure
white again when the project is finished. I have another column i
which the completion date is written (once it is finished). Is there
way I can use conditional formatting to have the first column becom
uncoloured conditional on the other cells? Thus, I want cell B1 to b
white IFF cell D1 is not empty.

I am using Excel 97 (for my sins).

Any help very gratefully received!

Many thanks!

Wil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
try the following:
- select cell B1
- goto 'Format - conditional Format'
- enter the following formula
=D1<""
- choose your format

Could anyone help me with the following question:

I have a spreadsheet with a column of cells that are

coloured (colored)
in purple whilst a project is incomplete but which are

then coloured
white again when the project is finished. I have another

column in
which the completion date is written (once it is

finished). Is there a
way I can use conditional formatting to have the first

column become
uncoloured conditional on the other cells? Thus, I want

cell B1 to be
white IFF cell D1 is not empty.

I am using Excel 97 (for my sins).

Any help very gratefully received!