Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can I stop Excel program flashing on screen during run

I have some code that processes files in a directory and
extracts one piece of data. During the process a the
following is executed:
Workbooks.OpenText Filename:= _
strDirName & strItem, Origin:=xlMSDOS, StartRow:=2,
DataType:=xlFixedWidth, FieldInfo:= _
Array(Array(0, 1), Array(146, 1), Array(156, 1)),
TrailingMinusNumbers:=True

While this is running - it flashes on the screen.

Is there any way of stopping this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi,

use
application.screenupdating = false
at the beginning of your code.

arno

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This will work for the main Excel window

Put this at the beginning of your code:
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

and this at the end:
Application.ScreenUpdating = Tru