Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Including a variable number of columns in Excel Sum formula

Can anyone suggest a formula, array or otherwise, which will achieve
the following.

I have 24 columns of data, two for each future month. As we progress
through a financial year I want to be able to add up the remaining
months of the year.
i.e. In Month 1, I need to include 22 columns; in month 2, 20 columns;
month 3, 18 columns etc..

I already have a variable set which represents the current month so
would like this to be included in the formula.

I could code this with a VBA routine, but feel there must be a
relatively straightforward formula which would achieve this, and as an
added benefit would be more readable by a user of the workbook.

TIA

Richard Buttrey
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have you looked at OFFSET?

Assuming all the data starts at a10 and you have the current month in a9

SUM(offset(a10,0,(a9-1)*2):offset(a10,0,23))
Regards
Chris
om...