Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default concatenating cell names?

I'm trying to find the average of a series of cells in the same
column, only problem is I'm having trouble concatenating the row
number and column into the AVERAGE function, such that I need to do
something like =AVERAGE(IF(E1:E20,E1:E2))/10, where the values I'm
interested in are always in column E, but the range of rows vary. I
can implement a search so the beginning and ending row numbers are in
variables, but how would I concatenate the "E" and the row numbers so
the AVERAGE function will work?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
See help with INDIRECT function