Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formatting times

I am using a list box with different times in it and have
linked it to a cell. I have formatted the cell for a
certain time format, say h.mm AM/PM, but all I get in the
cell is what the sample says (12:00 AM) in the dialog box
where you make your format selection.

If I change the formating to number or something else, I
get variation when I make different selections in the list
box, but of course this is not the format I want.

Can someone tell me, What is going on?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm noty clear what your problem is.
If you have a list box showing Times from a list on a
sheet, then the linked cell will always show whatever has
been selected.
So if your range is 12:00, 12:30, 12:45 then the linked
cell will show 0.5, 0.52083, 0.53125

If you format the linked cell to h:mm then it will show
12:00, 12:30 and 12:45

If your list source is TEXT, then the item selected will
also be text, irresepective of the cell format.

Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP

I am using a list box with different times in it and have
linked it to a cell. I have formatted the cell for a
certain time format, say h.mm AM/PM, but all I get in the
cell is what the sample says (12:00 AM) in the dialog box
where you make your format selection.

If I change the formating to number or something else, I
get variation when I make different selections in the

list
box, but of course this is not the format I want.

Can someone tell me, What is going on?
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

[...]

I'm sorry, but that does not happen for me. The only

thing I get when I choose the "1:30 AM" Type-time option is
what is shown above the list box, ie - "Sample 12:00 AM" .
No matter what time is selected in my own list box, 12:00
AM shows in the linked cell.