Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default moveing values with macros

thanks guys sheet works great now

"Vasant Nanavati" wrote:

If I understand the problem correctly, something like the following
(untested) should work:

Sub AddRefCell()
If Range("A1") = "" Then
Range("A1") = Range("C1")
Else
Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1) = Range("C1")

I assume the value of C1 will be changed manually between runs.

--

Vasant

"carlos1973" wrote in message
hi,

is there a way of using a macro to move a value from one cell to another.

then the next time it is run adding the value in the ref cell to the next
cell down the reference cells value is a variable . for example

ref cell = c1

no run 1st run 2nd run 3rd run 4th run
c1 12 12 13 7 27
a1 0 12 12 12 12
a2 0 0 13 13 13
a3 0 0 0 7 7
a4 0 0 0 0 27

im sure there must be a solution that is really simple but i dont have

much experience with excel and i would appreciate your help