Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sending text into the cell below

Hi,

I'm making a program in Visual Basic which sends some data to an Excel spreadsheet. This data is numbers separated by full stops (e.g. 3.2.1). When the spreadsheet encounters a full stop, I would like it to put the following number in the cell directly below. I tried using replace (myData,".",vbLf), but this resulted in multiple lines in one cell. I also tried vbCrLf and vbCr but these were no better. I know that if you copy a vertical column of numbers from, say, Notepad into Excel it will put each value into a separate cell in the way I want. How do I replicate this behaviour?

Many thanks,

Jonathan Stratford