Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Prevent Duplicates

I have a userform that have three textboxes. the user puts a firs
name, last name and ID number in these. when they hit the "Add
button, it adds those boxes on the first empty row. How can i mak
sure that there isn't already a row for that agent and if there is
make the changes specified on the userform.
Not sure if this question will make sense to anyone else - it make
sense to me. i can clarify if needed.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have a look at the advanced filter function, copy to a new location.
You have a unique records only checkbox

jason

scottnshelly wrote in message ...
I have a userform that have three textboxes. the user puts a first
name, last name and ID number in these. when they hit the "Add"
button, it adds those boxes on the first empty row. How can i make
sure that there isn't already a row for that agent and if there is,
make the changes specified on the userform.
Not sure if this question will make sense to anyone else - it makes
sense to me. i can clarify if needed.
Thanks,

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You'll need to define what is meant by a duplicate - all fields identical or
something else eg ID numbers only - there are people with the same names!
In any event if you wish to check before the form entries populate the
worksheet, then you'll need to scan the database range testing the fields
(field) for matches, when a match is found flag to user via a control
message (label) on the userform, enable a reset option and await the users
repsonse otherwise add to the range.
Confirm what you mean by dupe and we can provide the code for the scan.

Cheers
Nigel