Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Counting columns, adding totals #2

Hi. Been working with this excel file that needs tweaking. The more tweaks
I add, the more the client wants. Which is a good thing<g

To restate: This xls file consists of 7 worksheets, one of every day of the
week. Each
worksheet has a 30 column section, each marked either [X] or [ ]. There's
one row for each employee, the columns represent their 1/2 hour schedule.

I'm using COUNTIF() at the top of the 30 columns. There's also a COUNTIF()
column for row totals, department sub-totals and grand totals. Neat!

This weekend I plan to add department summary sheets for each day of the
week plus a grand summary sheet. Again, neat! I still need a couple of
things:

1) The client wants a button next to each employee name. When you hit the
button, you'd get a dialog box asking for a start time-end time range. This
range would fill in all the [X]s needed for that row. I'm thinking a VBA
script?

2) The client also wants an employee summary sheet. A given employee will
work in different departments, depending on the day. Is it possible to
write a script to search all the rows of each sheet to find a particular
employee and add up his numbers? I can get the client to add an employee #
column next to their name, for uniqueness testing.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

you dont know zip..
and you got a client that's paying for it?

neat!

keepITcool