Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Changing characters

As I understand your problem, you need to replace the .'s with ,'s and the
,'s with .'s The fun occurs on the second step where the .'s which have
become ,'s now get changed (along with the original ,'s) into .'s

If you want to use replace, make it a three step process -

Change .'s to some character that is not in your output text file -
maybe
Change ,'s to .'s
Finally, change 's to ,'s

That's sort of a brute force and awkwardness approach, but in the absence of
other alternates, it should work.

A better approach would probably be to search for posts with
"internationalization" in them - your problem might be handled that way...

James

"big t" wrote in message

My application writes out a text file for use in another software

application which only reads numbers in an English format eg 12,345.67

But I have clients who use a European format eg 12.345,67

So I need to know if there is a funtion I can use to switch all points

(".") to commas (",") and vice-versa, preferably in one easy step.

I know about the Replace function, but AFAIK this only replaces one

substring with another - I need to do two at the same time. Any ideas?

TIA
big t