Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Calculate no. of years for Capital Expenditure

Hi Guys

I am currently trying to write a macro in excel to calculate the number of years required for Capital Expenditure to pay off.

I need to enter values into a Row starting at F8 and continue adding for each additional year in the following cells on the row until I have reached the Capital Expenditue amount specified in cell E6 (E6 will be a minus figure to represent expenditure but is to be treated as a positive figure).

Upon the sum of F8 - *8 reaching the figure specified in E6 (the Capital Expenditure amount) the macro should count how many of these cells between F8 - *8 it took to reach the figure in E6, with this count figure to be displayed in cell E12 to represent the number of years it takes for the Capital Expenditure to pay itself off.

If any of you guys can offer any advice on this I would be really appreciative.

Thank you

Axe