Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Preventing copies

Occasionally, I have to demo a proprietary EXCEL file at a potential
client's location, but do not have a laptop and need to use one of their
computers to do the demo, using a CD of mine, which I am careful to remove
from their machine as soon as I am done. While I am doing the demo, I do
not want their computer to be able to somehow copy or save a copy of my file
on their machine. If they have autosave off, is that all I need to be safe?

Next, let's assume that, sometimes, I do not want to be seen to be changing
their autosave settings on their machine. in that case, is there some other
way to ensure that my EXCEL workbook cannot be, somehow, autosaved or saved
on their computer?

Lastly, is there some way to install a front end, so that, even if they did
save a copy, they would not be able to use it without some sort of password?
That is, something more secure than the ordinary password protection in
EXCEL, which I now know is too easily broken.

Thanks,
Grace

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Usually. But it's not a hard and fast rule.

People post most anything they want anywhere, but mostly this is for
programming questions.

The real problem is when someone multiposts a message (different
messages sent to different newsgroups at different times).

The original poster doesn't get the benefit of a nice consolidated
thread with lots of interaction. And the responders sometime waste
their time since the question was answered elsewhere.