Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default MultiSheet macro, to sum based on condition

I have a three sheet workbook, one sheet is a summary sheet, the secon
is a data sheet and the third contains the constants.
I need to sum information from sheet2 and display in sheet1, soun
simple enough. I am summing the total plant hours.

I have several different order types, stored ina column in sheet2
these order types need to sum into different cells on sheet1. I als
need to have the amounts sum based on a date input from user(by week)
I have been thinking to select a variable range, because the sheet wil
be constantly added too, and then writing a loop to go thru the dat
column, but how do I pull the information?
Any suggestions?
I tried to attach the file, but it was too large, if anyone wants i
let me know I can e mail it.

Thanks,
msMop

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think you are making things hard for yourself.

It sounds as if your data is in a simple table with headings in row
and data underneath - which is a good start because you can use th
more powerful Excel features such as pivot tables and data filter t
summarise your data. You can then refer to the pivot table with
simple =VLOOKUP() formula. A lot can be achieved by adding columns t
the raw data table for lookup or calculation.

This means that any new data can be added to the bottom of the table