Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Opening text file in excel to maintain as "text"

Hi There,

I am writing a macro on how to open a text file in excel
in such as way that my file maintain a "number" text as a
text. Please see below for an example:

I want to open this in column as a text NOT a number.

Code IDNO Region
0001 12345 N1234
0002 35353 C3535
..
..
so on.

How do I do that?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

KeepITcool,

I am not doing it in "manual" wizard I am doing this
in "macro" so, what is the command in macro that will
maintain the text column as a text when I open it in excel?

I am writing a macro on how to open a text file in

excel
in such as way that my file maintain a "number" text as

text. Please see below for an example:

I want to open this in column as a text NOT a number.

Code IDNO Region
0001 12345 N1234
0002 35353 C3535
.
.
so on.

How do I do that?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Eric

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Eric,

the syntax depends on the number of columns etc
and may be a bit awkward as it requires an array..

try to use macrorecorder and see it you can edit the recorded code.
if you can't fix it.. plse post back with recorded code.

keepITcool