Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default vba and orgchart shapes

how can I detect with vba what shapes in an organization chart diagram are
currently selected? if text in such a shape is selected I can get the shape
reference with the parent property. but what can I do if one or more shapes
are selected?
using excel xp/2003.
thanks a lot, Luc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Does Selection.Name and/or Typename(Selection) help?

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Luc Benninger" <lb (at) zignet.ch wrote in message
| how can I detect with vba what shapes in an organization chart diagram are
| currently selected? if text in such a shape is selected I can get the
shape
| reference with the parent property. but what can I do if one or more
shapes
| are selected?
| using excel xp/2003.
| thanks a lot, Luc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

no, it don't. (well, or am i missing something??)
i just want vba to change the fill color of the currently selected shape(s)
in a diagram.
in word and powerpoint the selection object has a childshaperange property
for doing this. but excel...??
Luc

"Jim Rech" wrote in message
Does Selection.Name and/or Typename(Selection) help?

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Luc Benninger" <lb (at) zignet.ch wrote in message
| how can I detect with vba what shapes in an organization chart diagram
are
| currently selected? if text in such a shape is selected I can get the
shape
| reference with the parent property. but what can I do if one or more
shapes
| are selected?
| using excel xp/2003.
| thanks a lot, Luc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Selection.Interior.Color = 12632256

or am I missing something?

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Luc Benninger" <lb (at) zignet.ch wrote in message
| no, it don't. (well, or am i missing something??)
| i just want vba to change the fill color of the currently selected
shape(s)
| in a diagram.
| in word and powerpoint the selection object has a childshaperange property
| for doing this. but excel...??
| Luc
|
| "Jim Rech" wrote in message
| Does Selection.Name and/or Typename(Selection) help?
|
| --
| Jim Rech
| Excel MVP
| "Luc Benninger" <lb (at) zignet.ch wrote in message
| | how can I detect with vba what shapes in an organization chart diagram
| are
| | currently selected? if text in such a shape is selected I can get the
| shape
| | reference with the parent property. but what can I do if one or more
| shapes
| | are selected?
| | using excel xp/2003.
| | thanks a lot, Luc
| |
| |

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

you aren't... thanks!
Luc

"Jim Rech" wrote in message
Selection.Interior.Color = 12632256

or am I missing something?

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Luc Benninger" <lb (at) zignet.ch wrote in message
| no, it don't. (well, or am i missing something??)
| i just want vba to change the fill color of the currently selected
shape(s)
| in a diagram.
| in word and powerpoint the selection object has a childshaperange
property
| for doing this. but excel...??
| Luc
|
| "Jim Rech" wrote in message
| Does Selection.Name and/or Typename(Selection) help?
|
| --
| Jim Rech
| Excel MVP
| "Luc Benninger" <lb (at) zignet.ch wrote in message
| | how can I detect with vba what shapes in an organization chart
diagram
| are
| | currently selected? if text in such a shape is selected I can get
the
| shape
| | reference with the parent property. but what can I do if one or more
| shapes
| | are selected?
| | using excel xp/2003.
| | thanks a lot, Luc