Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Break/disable a macro when opening a workbook

Hi
I have got a Workbook which runs code in the open event, but the problem is that something in the code crashes Excel. Is it possible to open a workbook in "break mode" so I am able to debug the code in the open event?
Regards
/Niklas
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Niklas

Open a new excel worksheet then select tools, macros, security and increase
the security level. Next time you open the problem workbook you will be
prompted to run macros or not! (Excel 2000)
For Excel 97 I cant remember exactly but I think you tick a box on the
general tab found via tools, options.

HTH

Kenny
"Niklas" wrote in message
Hi
I have got a Workbook which runs code in the open event, but the problem

is that something in the code crashes Excel. Is it possible to open a
workbook in "break mode" so I am able to debug the code in the open event?
Regards
/Niklas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

add 1 line of code to your procedure..

STOP
then step thru your code with F8

keepITcool

?B?TmlrbGFz?= wrote:

Hi
I have got a Workbook which runs code in the open event, but the
problem is that something in the code crashes Excel. Is it possible to
open a workbook in "break mode" so I am able to debug the code in the
open event? Regards
/Niklas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hold down the SHIFT key when opening the file.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 23:49:01 -0700, Niklas
wrote:

Hi
I have got a Workbook which runs code in the open event, but the problem is that something in the code crashes Excel. Is it possible to open a workbook in "break mode" so I am able to debug the code in the open event?
Regards
/Niklas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Gord

I thought "that looks a useful tip" - tried it, it does not work!
I tried by holding shift down and double clicking on the file icon and even
right clicking and selecting open - am I missing something?

Kenny