Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Trim Function - Error Library Not Found

We have a excel spread sheet that has a bunch of VBA in it. It works on 99%
of the PC's. It fails on one PC. When the person opens it, it errors in the
VBA, and highlights the Trim function. It says Libarary Not Found. I
verified that they has the same references as me.

I have the following references -
VBA332.dll
Excel8.olb
StdOle2.tlb
FM20.dll
MSO07.dll

Anyhelp would be great.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Try unchecking all references marked MISSING. It may work then, or you may
need an equivalent reference to something.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Doug" skrev i melding
We have a excel spread sheet that has a bunch of VBA in it. It works on

99%
of the PC's. It fails on one PC. When the person opens it, it errors in

the
VBA, and highlights the Trim function. It says Libarary Not Found. I
verified that they has the same references as me.

I have the following references -
VBA332.dll
Excel8.olb
StdOle2.tlb
FM20.dll
MSO07.dll

Anyhelp would be great.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

is that computer a excel 97? or older version that the one where the
macro was created?

try this.

use strings.trim instead of just trim.

give it a shot.

Cesar

Doug wrote:
We have a excel spread sheet that has a bunch of VBA in it. It works on 99%
of the PC's. It fails on one PC. When the person opens it, it errors in the
VBA, and highlights the Trim function. It says Libarary Not Found. I
verified that they has the same references as me.

I have the following references -
VBA332.dll
Excel8.olb
StdOle2.tlb
FM20.dll
MSO07.dll

Anyhelp would be great.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I checked, nothing was missing.

What's weird is it works on everyone elses computers. I'm think he has an
older DLL, but I can't figure out what DLL Trim resides in.

"Harald Staff" wrote in message
Hi

Try unchecking all references marked MISSING. It may work then, or you may
need an equivalent reference to something.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Doug" skrev i melding
We have a excel spread sheet that has a bunch of VBA in it. It works on

99%
of the PC's. It fails on one PC. When the person opens it, it errors in

the
VBA, and highlights the Trim function. It says Libarary Not Found. I
verified that they has the same references as me.

I have the following references -
VBA332.dll
Excel8.olb
StdOle2.tlb
FM20.dll
MSO07.dll

Anyhelp would be great.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Doug,

I think you may try to Press F2 in the Excel VBE to enter the Object
Browser.
And then Search Trim to see which library contains the Trim function.
On my machine the function is located in the path below.

Function Trim(String)
Member of VBA.Strings
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA\VBA6\VBE6.DLL

Function Trim(Arg1 As String) As String
Member of Excel.WorksheetFunction
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE

Best regards,

Peter Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support