Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default % variance

Hi All,

How can I have a formula to get % variance (+/-) without
generating an error?

for eg: if A1=100 and B1=150 then I shud get in C1 50%
and if A1=150 and b1=100 then I shud get in C1
(33.33%)

i am having this with the formula (B1/A1)-1 IN C1

Now my problem is that both A1 and C1 can be zero, either
of them or both of them can be negative, one can be
negative and the other positive, a1<b1, a1b1 with
negative values etc. Taking all the possiblities how can
I have a working formula??!!!

Thanks for your help.

Abdul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Abdul

=IF(A1=0,0,(B1/A1)-1)

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel

"Abdul" wrote in message
Hi All,

How can I have a formula to get % variance (+/-) without
generating an error?

for eg: if A1=100 and B1=150 then I shud get in C1 50%
and if A1=150 and b1=100 then I shud get in C1
(33.33%)

i am having this with the formula (B1/A1)-1 IN C1

Now my problem is that both A1 and C1 can be zero, either
of them or both of them can be negative, one can be
negative and the other positive, a1<b1, a1b1 with
negative values etc. Taking all the possiblities how can
I have a working formula??!!!

Thanks for your help.

Abdul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

it wont work if both having minus figures..

i think u did'nt read my complete message..
i have that, but want to know all the possibilities
incorporated..

thanks

How can I have a formula to get % variance (+/-)

without
generating an error?

for eg: if A1=100 and B1=150 then I shud get in C1 50%
and if A1=150 and b1=100 then I shud get in C1
(33.33%)

i am having this with the formula (B1/A1)-1 IN C1

Now my problem is that both A1 and C1 can be zero,

either
of them or both of them can be negative, one can be
negative and the other positive, a1<b1, a1b1 with
negative values etc. Taking all the possiblities how

can
I have a working formula??!!!

Thanks for your help.

Abdul

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Abdul

It works for me without any errors. What do you want the results to be for
these numbers

100 150
-100 150
100 -150