Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to delete sheet that is referenced.

There are some people that work on the same excel. So everyone works on its sheet and I have to merge it. I'd like to delete old sheet from Excel and then copy new one. The problem is that there are sheets that have references on the first one. So after deletion they receive #REF instead of SheetName! in its formulas and never returned back even after I put sheet with the same name on it's place.
appl.EnableEvents = false; doesn't help.
I understand that I can copy values of all cells but it'll take a lot of time. Is there any way to do it ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I did at last

oldSheet.UsedRange.Clear();
newSheet.UsedRange.Copy(oldSheet.UsedRange);

and it works very fast
Is it the best way ?