Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default highlight entire row based on date

Can somebody point in the right direction as to how to do the following:

I want the entire row to be highlighted yellow if the value in column P
(which is in the 00/00/00 date format) is blank. I have tried conditional
formating but can't seem to get it right. Thanks in advance.

Scott

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Select Rows 1 to 100 (for example) with A1 as the active Cell

go to Format=conditional Formatting

Change Cell Value is to Formula is in the first dropdown

in the box enter
=isblank($P1)

(adjust the formula to reflect relevance to the activecell if A1 is not the
active cell).

Making P absolute with $P and 1 relative, will adjust the cell properly for
all cells selected.

Now select your formatting.

Tom Ogilvy

"Home Team Sporting Goods & Apparel" wrote in message
et...
Can somebody point in the right direction as to how to do the following:

I want the entire row to be highlighted yellow if the value in column P
(which is in the 00/00/00 date format) is blank. I have tried conditional
formating but can't seem to get it right. Thanks in advance.

Scott

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

OK...I got the rows to highlight. Now I just realized that I want the row
to highlight under 2 conditions. The first condition is done...

=ISBLANK($P22)

What I really need to happen is the following:

If cell in Column P is blank AND the cell in Column J is greater than 0 the
I want the entire row to highlight. Is this possible? I attempted to place
another conditon in the conditional formatting but to no avail! Thanks in
advance!

--
Scott Hillis