Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Delete Rows and Parse Data

Hello All,
I am using Office XP and have following data Column A in sets of 10 Rows
each followed by a blank row.

Row 1 <to be deleted

Row 2 FName MName LName eg. John F. Kennedy
My requirement is to have John in Col B2 and F. Kennedy in
Col C2

Row 3 <to be deleted

Row 4 Parse data from Right side at the first ',' followed by a space
eg. 102, Debonair, 153B,
My requirement is to have 102, Debonair, in Col B4 and
153B, in Col C4

Row 5 Parse data from Right side at the first ',' eg.. similar to
Row4 above

Row 6 Parse data from Right side at the first ',' eg.. similar to
Row4 above

Row 7 Parse data from Right at the letter 'R' eg.. C-12345, R-34567
My requirement is to have C-12345 in Col B7 and R-34567 in
Col C7

Row 8 Parse data from Left at 'e' eg. Mobile 12345 67890
My requirement is to have 12345 67890 in B8

Row 9 Parse data from Left at 'l' eg. Email abc @ xyz.com
My requirement is to have abc @ xyz.com in B9

Row 10 <to be deleted

Row 11 <blank row

Then from Row 12 onwards a similar Set of 10 Rows followed by a blank row..
and so on so forth.

The data comes from an OCR program and lines 1, 3 and 10 are not required.
A VBA code should delete lines 1, 3 and 10 of each set of 10 Rows and a
worksheet function should parse the data in column B as explained above. I
hope I have made myself clear. Anyone having dealt with a similar type of
problem could please help me with the solution.

Thanks a lot.

Rashid Khan