Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default In need of some dire help...

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Here's the deal: I'm workin' with Excel 2003 to
update some rate sheets for my company, and these rate
sheets are all linked to other Excel files, and
therefore, update automatically once the source Excel
files are updated as well. Now, the rate sheets have
numerous groups within them, representing various
financial companies, and here's where the problem comes
into play. Suppose that one day I decide that out of 10
source Excel sheets, I can't wait for 6 of them to be
updated, and need to hurry up and update my own rate
sheets with the information gleaned from only those 4/10
source sheets. In other words, I want to be able to
update my rate sheets so that they display and organize
ONLY the information from 4 of the source sheets. How
would I go about doing that? It's like, this rate sheet
has information from 10 companies, and after being
updated let's me know which companies are offering the
best prices for the day, etc. So if I only want to work
with 4 out of the 10 companies per se, then how do I
program the spreadsheet to first ONLY update the
information obtained from the 4 companies, and then ONLY
DISPLAY and ORGANIZE the information obtained from those
4 companies. If anyone could offer some tips, advice, or
some major help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Vivek
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could modify your formulas to look at a specific cell which if it
contains a 1, will fetch the information and if it doesn't, will not
currently
=Formula ' formula to get the information

adjust to this

=if(A1=1,formula,"")

You would have the formulas for each company look at a separate cell. You
would control which companies by placing a 1 in the appropriate cell.

You would adjust your summary formulas to work with these dynamic results.

Tom Ogilvy

"Vivek Taneja" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

But wouldn't that mean that I'd have to individually go
through all my cells and mark them with the "1" so that
my rate sheet update only contains the information from
only those companies that updated? Is there a way to
automatically have the my rate sheet display ONLY the
updated source sheet info without having to go back and
placing "1's" in the cells?

.