Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Question on Linefeeds/Carriage returns

You've got replies at your other post.

Dan wrote:

Hi!

I have a problem that I hope someone will be able to help me with. I have an Access table that I exported to Excel. Some of the data has linfeeds in them between small paragraphs. For some reason, it displays the linefeeds as single heavy vertical bars. I understand Access and Excel treat linefeeds differently (Excel uses CHR(10) and Access uses CHR(10) & CHR(13)). The funny thing is, it displays the linefeed correctly in the address bar. Then, when I click anywhere in the address bar of one of the suspect cells and then press enter, it displays the linefeed correctly in the cell.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

Dan

--