Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cell-format and comparison

Hi,

I have a lot of cells with numbers. Sometimes, Excel interprets these cells
as text. In the debugger, I get this

?Val([gPD]) < Val([gPD_Count])

False

?[gPD] < [gPD_Count]

True

So, If I convert the named cells to values, everything works fine, but not
always if I don't. Thus this means I have to change my code for every named
cell to

Val([Cell]), or is there another way? As I said, I have a lot of named
cells with numbers, and a lot of code to check.

Why does Excel not sea that it's a number? (Sometimes, I pasted a lot of
numbers programmatically in a sheet, and then, Excel misinterprets!)

Thanks

Jos Vens

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It's because the cells are formatted as text. You may be able to fix i
by just formatting everything as general rather than modifying you
code.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

I just think that the general-format is wrong (see my comparison in the
debugger) and I have to have the format Number (I compare numbers) for the
named cells that I compare. I cannot format everything into numbers.

Jos

"kkknie " schreef in bericht
It's because the cells are formatted as text. You may be able to fix it
by just formatting everything as general rather than modifying your
code.

---