Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Table Drawing Data from Access - security??

I have a problem that is really vexing me as I know I have come accross
it before and fixed it but I've forgotten how I resolved it.

We have an set of excel reports that draw data from our DB2
datawarehouse via a Access database query. As these reports are updated
each night we have automated the process of opening the spreadsheets and
updating the data.

This runs perfect when run by a user or from the desktop of the server,
however when it is setup as a task on the server we have been able to
establish that the session is requesting a login, prompted by the
"admin" user name which I would suspect is a challange by the Access
database BUT we have not enabled security on the database.

I have a recollection that I may have fixed this issue by setting each
Access database up as a ODBC datasource but this may take a while and
not necessarly fix the issue.

Has anyone else found this issue??

Thanks David..........

---