Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default display in excel stays blank

Okay,
I am running several macro's in excel. While these macro's ar
running,spreadsheets are continually appearing on the screen (eithe
being opened, or coming to the front of the other pages). I don't wan
this to happen. I would like to have a blank display while my marco'
are running. I am not sure how to do this. If you could send me som
code, or help me out in some way that would be great. Thank

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I dont know how to display a blank sheet except perhaps you should add
sheet call it some name like "hidden" then hide it then you can call i
and hide it after your events something like this

Worksheets("hidden").Visible = True
Worksheets("hidden").Select
With Application
.EnableEvents = False
.ScreenUpdating = False
End With
Worksheets("hidden").Visible = False

Put the last line before your end sub of your code, and the rest at th
begining of your code.

I'm fairly new to this so it may take some tweaking, there are loads o
clever people on here who an give you a hand if that doesnt wor
properly!

HTH

Simo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

''do your stuff

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 16:40:39 -0500, calculus87
wrote:

Okay,
I am running several macro's in excel. While these macro's are
running,spreadsheets are continually appearing on the screen (either
being opened, or coming to the front of the other pages). I don't want
this to happen. I would like to have a blank display while my marco's
are running. I am not sure how to do this. If you could send me some
code, or help me out in some way that would be great. Thanks

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That is just what I needed. Thanks for the help