Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default problem when drawing textboxes in excel using macro

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question? If not,
please direct me to a more appropriate newsgroup.

Problem is this :

from within a macro, i draw textboxes on my excel-sheet using

Sheets(sht).TextBoxes.Add(lft, tp, wdth, hght).Select

everything seems fine, a textbox with the name 'Text nnnnn' is generated,
where nnnnn is a sequence number, always increasing by 1.
At a certain point (appr 65000), this process fails with error :

Run-time error '1004':
Select method of Textbox class failed.

I assume the process reaches its maximun for this (internal) counter (65000
per sheet).
Deleting textboxes does not affect this counter.
Also giving this textbox a self-generated name, using

Selection.name = "Textbox " & count
count = count + 1

has no influence on this counter, it only affects the name of the textbox.
As this application is frequently used, and generating about one thousand
textboxes each time, you'll understand that reaching the point of 65000
happens (to) often.

Is there way to manipulate this value from within my macro, or is there a
work-around ????

Help of any kind would be very welcome and appreciated.

Thanks !

Chris Lannoo
Jan De Nul NV