Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default macros and file security

Hi everyone

Just when I thought I had completed my latest project I find I have fallen
foul to the simplest of things!
I have created an Excel database <because our PCs dont have Access. I
denied access to the speadsheet by using a userform on opening and blocking
all methods of getting past the form to the sheet behind. All entries are
via the userform. When the userform is closed the application closes!
Access to the sheet is via a textbox which requires a password.

All was working fine until I discovered if you alter Excels macro security
settings to prompt wether you want to disable macros anyone can access the
sheet simply by turning macros off when prompted during file opening.

Is there any way round this? If I set everyones macro security to low they
will still be able to get in by resetting the security level.
Is there any code I could put into the sheet to alter the setting or check
the setting and stop the file opening if the macros are to be disabled?

Thanks in advance

Kenny
Win 2000 Office 97 and 2000