Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default What is the best VBA book out there for..

A person with some experience with VBA but by no means an expert? I'
looking for something that teaches some of the basics but moves on t
more Intermidate & adv topics.

Any suggestions are greatly apperciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The one on this site

http://www.exceltip.com/pl-f1_index

It's like 15 bucks for the PDF version. I'm considering getting i
myself

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

John Walkenbach's Excel 2003 Bible (ISBN: 0764539671) sounds like the book
that you want.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Phatchef24 " wrote in message
A person with some experience with VBA but by no means an expert? I'm
looking for something that teaches some of the basics but moves on to
more Intermidate & adv topics.

Any suggestions are greatly apperciated!

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

imho $15 for a simple PDF is ridiculously expensive.

$40 will buy you a decent book:

excel power programming with vba [walkenbach]
vba developers handbook (getz)
vba programmers reference (bullen)

http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html

keepITcool

gitcypher wrote:

The one on this site

http://www.exceltip.com/pl-f1_index

It's like 15 bucks for the PDF version. I'm considering getting it
myself.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've got the 2000 Bible, and it doesn't go real deep into the object model.
I've also got the Word 2000 Developer's Handbook, which lists all the
objects, methods, and properties for the Word object. Is there an Excel
book that goes that deep?

Ed

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
John Walkenbach's Excel 2003 Bible (ISBN: 0764539671) sounds like the book
that you want.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Phatchef24 " wrote in message
A person with some experience with VBA but by no means an expert? I'm
looking for something that teaches some of the basics but moves on to
more Intermidate & adv topics.

Any suggestions are greatly apperciated!

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks guys

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

imho $15 for a simple PDF is ridiculously expensive.

I had a quick look at the link to this ebook in pdf
format. Appears to include 300+ topics in 400+ pages (but
not vba as asked by the OP).

I wonder if you might have been a bit quick to appraise
its value. On the assumption it lives up to description
$15 does not seem excessive.

(I have no connection of any kind with the author.)

Regards,
Sandy
savituk co uk

wrote:

The one on this site

http://www.exceltip.com/pl-f1_index

It's like 15 bucks for the PDF version. I'm considering

getting it
myself.

---

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

ok maybe i was rash...
so i had a better look....

Compa
a printed book, of RECOGNIZED pedigree (Stephen Bullen/Ken Gets/John
Walkenbach) 1000-1200 pages at $40.

To:
a pdf of 'unknown pedigree' ( Mr.Rubin is a self proclaimed authority,
his claim to fame consists of owning exceltip.com which is just a
commercial web interface to a.o this newsgroup)

400 at a5 papersize (half of a4), half the pages is screendumps.
The text of 1 ENTIRE PAGE:

<==

In this example, the sheet is divided into two parts: an area
where movement is allowed (the Scroll Area), and an area
where movement is restricted (that is, a protected area),
without protecting the sheet.
Set the Scroll Area range in the Properties dialog
box:
1. Click the Properties icon (see Tip #108).
OR
From the Control Toolbox toolbar, click the
Properties icon.
2. In the Scroll Area text box, type the scroll area
range, or type the defined Name for the range (this
is flexible, if you plan to add more data to the
range, it is better to use a defined Name).
3. To cancel the Scroll Area restricted range, clear
the Scroll Area text box.
Note: You cannot add two Scroll Areas to the Scroll Area
text box.

==

And i can't say that $15 is OVERpriced?
hmmm

if you want to buy it... be my guest!

keepITcool

gitcypher wrote:

The one on this site

http://www.exceltip.com/pl-f1_index

It's like 15 bucks for the PDF version. I'm considering getting it
myself.

---

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I thought I understood the Scroll Area pretty well, now
I'm confused!

Maybe I was also a little hasty in passing comment...

Sandy

To:
a pdf of 'unknown pedigree' ( Mr.Rubin is a self

proclaimed authority,
his claim to fame consists of owning exceltip.com which

is just a
commercial web interface to a.o this newsgroup)

400 at a5 papersize (half of a4), half the pages is

screendumps.
The text of 1 ENTIRE PAGE:

<==

In this example, the sheet is divided into two parts: an

area
where movement is allowed (the Scroll Area), and an area
where movement is restricted (that is, a protected area),
without protecting the sheet.
Set the Scroll Area range in the Properties dialog
box:
1. Click the Properties icon (see Tip #108).
OR
From the Control Toolbox toolbar, click the