Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to execute an SQL insert/update from Excel for Mac

Hi All

I know this might be predominately a Win NG, but I'm hoping you had a Mac at
some time in your life!!!

Basically I can use VBA/Macro to select and put the result data into a
worksheet no probs, but I have no idea how I post data (ie insert, update or
preferably send data to a stored proc).

My spec is I have 1 x Mac OS 9 clean and 1 x Mac OS 9 Classic connecting to
a Win2000 Server running SQL Server 2000. The client app is Excel 98 and
Excel 2001 and both are using the Merant ODBC 3.5.1 drivers that MS made
available on their web site when they forgot to include them on the Excel
2001 CD.

Can you help?

All I need is a simple VBA code snippet to show me how I do it.

Thanks

Laphan