Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default External reference an entire worksheet

Is there any way to reference a worksheet from a saved
file in entirety to another file other than manually
keying in the references and then filling in all the cells?
Here is what I want to accomplish. File A has 10
worksheets. The first 3 of these do not need to be secure,
but the remaining 7 do, and are based on the first 3. I
would like to give individuals access to these first 3
sheets for input purposes, but not to the secure
information. I thought this might be accomplished by
creating a second workbook with just the first 3 input
pages, and then have the first book precisely reference
those 3 pages, as shown below.
Workbook AWorkbook B
page 1page 1
page 2page 2
page 3page 3
page 4-10
Thanks,
Pradhan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

reference a worksheet from a saved file
In simple terms, yes. Just use the normal method of referring t
another worksheet, ie. in cell A1 of a sheet in Book2 put :-
=[Book1.xls]Sheet1!$A$1
and copy/paste to all other cells.

In this case I do not think that this is the solution that you reall
want. Perhaps better would be to use the VeryHidden propery of th
sheet Visible property. This can only be done with code and prevent
sheet names appearing in any menu listings. It is reset in code b
using .Visible = True. Something like this :

Code
-------------------

For s = 4 To 10
Worksheets(s).Visible = xlVeryHidden
Next

-------------------

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Yes, the first method I am aware of. I was looking for a
simpler method...perhaps a worksheet function that simply
references an entire worksheet instead of cell by cell.
I'll check out the second method.

Thanks,
Pradhan
In simple terms, yes. Just use the normal method of

referring to
another worksheet, ie. in cell A1 of a sheet in Book2

put :-
=[Book1.xls]Sheet1!$A$1
and copy/paste to all other cells.

In this case I do not think that this is the solution

that you really
want. Perhaps better would be to use the VeryHidden

propery of the
sheet Visible property. This can only be done with code

and prevents
sheet names appearing in any menu listings. It is reset

in code by

For s = 4 To 10
Worksheets(s).Visible = xlVeryHidden
Next