Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default an excel dunce pleads for help

ok, i have spent the past 8 hours or so trying to do this very simple
task. i have even followed instructions from other posts, but do not
seem to get the result i am looking for(made all the more frustrating by
having done it successfully before)

all i want to do, is very simply, automatically sort a table based on
column D. thats it. my worksheet has dde links that import stock
prices, and i want to sort them automatically as they change throughout
the day without my intervention...

can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mebane,

You haven't said what's going wrong. I'll guess that column D contains the
links, and it isn't putting them in the correct order. As a wild guess,
I'll suggest taking a good look at them. Are there extra characters,
perhaps, that shouldn't be there. Use =len(D2) to test. Are you getting
text instead of numbers. Use =ISNUMBER(D2). I guess I'll stop guessing.

You should use a descriptive heading. Maybe "Trouble sorting with links."
--
Earl Kiosterud