Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Paste Special atop original sheet in Macro

There must be an easy way to copy the entire active sheet and paste i
atop itself. So far all I've been able to do is paste it to anothe
sheet with a specified range (don't wish to use a1:iv65536) or copy al
sheets with any range to a new sheet. I suppose I could modify them t
fit my needs, but I'd really appreciate some help here. Especiall
since it should be easier that the first two I mentioned. Thank you i
advance. -MACR

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why and for what reason? Most people would want to paste
values only or something or other. To just copy and paste
for no reason is stupid

There must be an easy way to copy the entire active sheet

and paste it
atop itself. So far all I've been able to do is paste it

to another
sheet with a specified range (don't wish to use

a1:iv65536) or copy all
sheets with any range to a new sheet. I suppose I could

modify them to
fit my needs, but I'd really appreciate some help here.

Especially
since it should be easier that the first two I

mentioned. Thank you in
advance. -MACRE

---

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What I am endeavoring to do is take a succinct line item report an
divvy it up by section, sum those sections, then value paste it ato
itself such that the sums will fall to the bottom and not lose thei
links (perhaps all I need to do is modify my sum macro to lock f4 thei
respective cells) following a sort. Then cutting that thus leaving th
sheet as was originally and taking those sums and apply them to
template in a new sheet. The macro would also serve to be stopped mi
way to view a preliminary section. Otherwise I would agree with you
such a paste has little use. It was far more disconcerting to me tha
I was unable to perform such a seemingly simple task coupled with th
fact excel does it nearly instantaneously by hand. I don't mean to b
testy, but are you able to write this 'stupid' macro

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

With Worksheets("sheet1").UsedRange
.Copy
.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
End With

or

with worksheets("sheet1").usedrange
.value = .value
end with

"MACRE0 <" wrote:

There must be an easy way to copy the entire active sheet and paste it
atop itself. So far all I've been able to do is paste it to another
sheet with a specified range (don't wish to use a1:iv65536) or copy all
sheets with any range to a new sheet. I suppose I could modify them to
fit my needs, but I'd really appreciate some help here. Especially
since it should be easier that the first two I mentioned. Thank you in
advance. -MACRE

---

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Dave,

Using your format I was able to make it non page specific with

With ActiveSheet.UsedRange
.Copy
.PasteSpecial PASTE:=xlPasteValues
End With

Now my program will work perfectly for future months. The boss i
going to love me! Thanks again