Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Getting Data From ACCESS 2K

Greetings,

I have an Access 2k database that I am using for my customer list. I
need to get the customers info and place it into my spreadsheet.

How do I do that?

Any help would be most appreciated.

TIA

-Minitman
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Open the access database, and pic the table you need from the tables
section
open it, go to file, click export, pick a place to save it to and from
the file type drop down boc (at the bottom of the window) click excel
file type (the extention will be .xls).
you can also copy and paste just like in excel

good luck
ross
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hey Ross,

I think I was not specific enough.

I need to link to, not get a copy of, the records in Access.

That way if I find there was a mistake when entering the data (such as
misspelling the customers name or street), I can correct it there and
have it corrected in all of the places that the customer has been
entered.

I am entering a lot of old records with spelling problems as well as
these records are difficult to see due to age.

Any other suggestions?

-Minitman

On 21 Jun 2004 03:23:27 -0700, (ross) wrote:

Hi,

Open the access database, and pic the table you need from the tables
section
open it, go to file, click export, pick a place to save it to and from
the file type drop down boc (at the bottom of the window) click excel
file type (the extention will be .xls).
you can also copy and paste just like in excel

good luck
ross

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Does anyone know where I should post this question?

TIA

-Minitman