Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
bw bw is offline

Default Personal.xls..2000vsXP

I have a Personal.xls workbook on my computer (Windows 2000) that I have copied to
a floppy disk, then copied it onto another computer (Windows XP). My version of
Personal.xls does not show up on the XP Computer, only the original version that was
already there.

On both computers, I am using the directory
C:\Program FIles\Microsoft Office\Office 10\XLStart

What's going on? Why can't I get this workbook to replace the old one.

Thanks for you help,
Bernie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 20:07:43 GMT, bw wrote:

I have a Personal.xls workbook on my computer (Windows 2000) that I have copied to
a floppy disk, then copied it onto another computer (Windows XP). My version of
Personal.xls does not show up on the XP Computer, only the original version that was
already there.

On both computers, I am using the directory
C:\Program FIles\Microsoft Office\Office 10\XLStart

What's going on? Why can't I get this workbook to replace the old one.

Try putting it in this directory (watch for word wrap):
\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application
Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART
--
auric underscore underscore at hotmail dot com
*****
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

One way to be sure is to make a change that will affect your current
personal.xls (record a macro or something, and store it there). then do a
search for personal.xls and check date/time on any hits - the latest one is the
one you should be replacing.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"bw" wrote in message
I have a Personal.xls workbook on my computer (Windows 2000) that I have

copied to
a floppy disk, then copied it onto another computer (Windows XP). My version

of
Personal.xls does not show up on the XP Computer, only the original version

that was
already there.

On both computers, I am using the directory
C:\Program FIles\Microsoft Office\Office 10\XLStart

What's going on? Why can't I get this workbook to replace the old one.

Thanks for you help,
Bernie

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Exit excel and then open. The personal .xla is loaded when
excel starts. If still not, then shutdown computer and
then open excel as a copy of personal.xla maybe in a temp
folder of excel.

.