Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default The old application.quit problem

I have a similar problem to this.
I've writen some code in Access which extracts,
manipulates and then ouputs the data to a user selected
workbook.

I create a single instance of an Excel Application object
and pass it to every routine that requires it.

Everything runs well and my output is correct. The only
problem I'm getting is that Excel is still under
the 'Processes' in Task Manager. This is a problem
because when I run the code again, it will stop at the
following routine.

Public Sub formatWorkbook(ByRef XL As Excel.Application,
ByVal strRangeName As String, _
ByRef FormatRange As Excel.Range)
'Copies format of named range to selection
XL.Goto (strRangeName)
If (Selection.Row = FormatRange.Row) Then
Exit Sub
End If

sht.Cells(1, 1).Select
XL.Goto (strRangeName)
Selection.Copy
FormatRange.Select
FormatRange.PasteSpecial xlPasteFormats, , False, False
XL.ActiveSheet.Cells(1, 1).Select
End Sub

Specifically at "Selection.Row"

Please Help
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Hafeez,

Public Sub formatWorkbook(ByRef XL As Excel.Application,
ByVal strRangeName As String, _
ByRef FormatRange As Excel.Range)
'Copies format of named range to selection
XL.Goto (strRangeName)
If (Selection.Row = FormatRange.Row) Then
Exit Sub
End If

sht.Cells(1, 1).Select
XL.Goto (strRangeName)
Selection.Copy
FormatRange.Select
FormatRange.PasteSpecial xlPasteFormats, , False, False
XL.ActiveSheet.Cells(1, 1).Select
End Sub

Specifically at "Selection.Row"

Whenever you use any of Excel's 'global' objects, such as Cells,
Selection etc, you must prefix them with the instance of Excel you're
using:

Public Sub formatWorkbook(ByRef XL As Excel.Application,
ByVal strRangeName As String, _
ByRef FormatRange As Excel.Range)
'Copies format of named range to selection
XL.Goto (strRangeName)
If (XL.Selection.Row = FormatRange.Row) Then
Exit Sub
End If

sht.Cells(1, 1).Select
XL.Goto (strRangeName)
XL.Selection.Copy
FormatRange.Select
FormatRange.PasteSpecial xlPasteFormats, , False, False
XL.ActiveSheet.Cells(1, 1).Select
End Sub

Regards

Stephen Bullen