Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default convert 400 word files to excel files fast?

Hi Guys,

I have been sentenced with the task of converting 400 word documents
into 400 excel spreadsheets by today. either i find a way of doing thi
myself or the documents will be sent around the office for people to d
them manually. Is there any way of doing this through macros?

I was thinking of having a loop that once the macro is started, that
pop up asks for the location of the word file and when open is clicke
a new book opens and copys the data from the word file to the exce
file, then saves the excel file as e.g. data1.xls, thens closes th
excel file. Then the macro would loop and a pop up for the location o
the word doc would pop up again and this time save the file a
data2.xls and so on??

Could someone please help me on this one??

Thanks in advance
Cathal

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You have a good point point i dont think i would be able to code this i
a day, and the customer got delayed in sending us over the files so
think i have a day or two to think more on the subject. If the codin
would take you a day to do, i think i might consisder doing thi
manually