Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default error (ComboBox-?)

My app is not working as stable. Very often it cannot be
opened and I need to recover it from backup.
I'm getting the error message like this:
"Excel.exe has generated error and will be closed by
Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error
log is being created." (I don't know where this file is
located.)

I suspect the following code I'm using for combobox.

Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()

On Error GoTo ComboBox1_Change_Err
Me.ComboBox1.ListFillRange = "R3:R97"
With Worksheets("Legend").Range("a3:a448")
.Borders.LineStyle = xlLineStyleNone
.Borders.ColorIndex = 2
.Borders.Weight = xlThin
Set c = .Find(ComboBox1.Value,
LookIn:=xlValues)

c.Borders.LineStyle = xlDouble
c.Borders.Weight = xlThick
c.Borders.Color = RGB(255, 0, 0)
c.Activate

End With
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

ComboBox1_Change_exit:
Exit Sub
ComboBox1_Change_Err:
MsgBox Error
Resume ComboBox1_Change_exit

End Sub

Could anybody advise anything?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have had a simular problem with the same error message.

If you find a soluation I would love to hear it.

However, I think the problem may be that you are trying to develop an
application in an environment where the IT boys have forbidden macros to
run.

This was happening to me when the client was using Windows 2000 and they
didn't have administration rights. Conequently I could have the application
I developed working on my machine, 2 test machines but not on the cleints
and that message was generated.

"Alex" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks a lot, David.
It could be, but another similar app with macros, which
are partly the same, is working in the same folder.

Are there any other opinions?

Regards,

Alex

[...]

.

fill combobox depending on selection from another combobox Adam Francis Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 July 24th 08 07:39 PM
Combobox creates error Stephen Excel Worksheet Functions 0 January 23rd 05 10:55 AM
Combobox run time error Oreg[_18_] Excel Programming 1 June 7th 04 04:46 AM
VBA ComboBox Stromma Excel Programming 2 February 23rd 04 11:22 PM
User Form-error 1004 unless opened in sheet w/combobox data dpaulos[_2_] Excel Programming 2 January 27th 04 03:25 AM