Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Non-Editable ComboBox?

I am quite new to VBA and I am writing a program which have a couple of
ComboBoxes and those comboBoxes are not to be editable.

I have looked everywhere on the net and couldn't find it.

How can I make them not editable so the user can only choose the
choices in the box and not be able to write anything in it?

I tried setting Locked property to True but then I can't select
anything (When I click on the arrow down it doesn't do anything).

Hope someone can help me.

Best Regards

NooK

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi NooK

Set the Style property to "List" instead of "Combo".

HTH.Best wishes Harald

"NooK " skrev i melding
I am quite new to VBA and I am writing a program which have a couple of
ComboBoxes and those comboBoxes are not to be editable.

I have looked everywhere on the net and couldn't find it.

How can I make them not editable so the user can only choose the
choices in the box and not be able to write anything in it?

I tried setting Locked property to True but then I can't select
anything (When I click on the arrow down it doesn't do anything).

Hope someone can help me.

Best Regards

NooK

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 05:01:24 -0500, NooK
wrote:

I am quite new to VBA and I am writing a program which have a couple of
ComboBoxes and those comboBoxes are not to be editable.

I have looked everywhere on the net and couldn't find it.

How can I make them not editable so the user can only choose the
choices in the box and not be able to write anything in it?

I tried setting Locked property to True but then I can't select
anything (When I click on the arrow down it doesn't do anything).

It's not the Locked property, but rather the MatchRequired property
that you need to set to True.

Hank Scorpio
scorpionet who hates spam is at iprimus.com.au (You know what to do.)
* Please keep all replies in this Newsgroup. Thanks! *
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks a lot. The Style did it.

Best Regards

Noo