Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Security warning for non existant macro

Hey all,
I've got an excel file that opens with the "Security Warning" dialog to
Enable or Disable Macros. I've gone to the Macro menu and deleted all
the macros, but I still get this Warning when I open the file.

How can I get rid of this?

TIA!

-b
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You need to delete any modules as well, even though they are empty.

If you don't see any modules in the project explorer or you delete them and
still get the message, go to each sheet module, click in it, do Ctrl+A, hit
Delete, close it immediately. Do this for the ThisWorkbook module as well.
Save the workbook after making any changes.

Tom Ogilvy

"Bradley" wrote in message
Hey all,
I've got an excel file that opens with the "Security Warning" dialog to
Enable or Disable Macros. I've gone to the Macro menu and deleted all
the macros, but I still get this Warning when I open the file.

How can I get rid of this?

TIA!

-b

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tools|Macro|Visual Basic Editor
Delete any modules shown in the project window.
Double click on each sheet and the workbook entry in the project window;
for each, Edit|Select All and press the delete key.

The macro warning is not very discriminating. Codeless modules, or even
a space character in a code page will trigger the warning.

Jerry

Bradley wrote:

Hey all,
I've got an excel file that opens with the "Security Warning" dialog
to Enable or Disable Macros. I've gone to the Macro menu and deleted
all the macros, but I still get this Warning when I open the file.

How can I get rid of this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bradley wrote:

Hey all,
I've got an excel file that opens with the "Security Warning" dialog
to Enable or Disable Macros. I've gone to the Macro menu and deleted
all the macros, but I still get this Warning when I open the file.

How can I get rid of this?

TIA!

-b

Thanks all! That did it.