Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help Me!!

I don't want to display disable or enable Macro while opening excel wor
sheet. still i want to run the macro. i have written the macro throug
VB cod

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tools, Options, Security, Change the macro security level to none o
low

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

but, its allow all workbooks open without security? and its no good, ho
i do something different? have a posibility to use an
event-application, to intercep de msg??????
thanks for the answer...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you have SelfCert on your machine, you can try creating a digital
signature certificate to attach to your macro project. This will enable you
to keep your macro security setting on Medium for protection against
viruses, but not alert on projects you have created yourself and attached
the signature file to. For some reason, this is difficult to do with XP,
but I had no problems doing it in 2000.

HTH
Ed

"grabeva " wrote in message
I don't want to display disable or enable Macro while opening excel work
sheet. still i want to run the macro. i have written the macro through
VB code

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can't have it both ways, you either have higher security which asks if
you want macros, or you have low security which won't.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"grabeva " wrote in message
but, its allow all workbooks open without security? and its no good, how
i do something different? have a posibility to use and
event-application, to intercep de msg??????
thanks for the answer....

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

grab

Before setting your security to "low" which will let every file with macros
open without warning I would investigate the use of Office's Self
Certification tool.

You can create a digital certificate and use that on your VBAProject so only
that file with the certificate is allowed to be opened with no warning.

You can get to SelfCert either of these ways........

1. StartProgramsMicrosoft OfficeTools"Digital Certificate for VBA
Projects"

2. Open Windows Explorer and drill down to your Office folder. Find
SelfCert.exe and run it.

This certificate is good only on your computer but can be used for more than
one file.

Once the certificate has been created and with your file open, go to the
VBEditor and select your VBAproject/file.

ToolsDigital SignatureChoose. Select the Certificate you just created.

OK your way out and save your file.

Next time you open this particular file you will not get the warning.

I have no problem with Selfcert on Excel 2002.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

"grabeva " wrote in message
I don't want to display disable or enable Macro while opening excel work
sheet. still i want to run the macro. i have written the macro through
VB code

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have no problem with Selfcert on Excel 2002.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

Gord, I've not been able to get a certificate to "stick" to either Word or
Excel XP. I've been all over the KB, Library, and NG, and our IT people
(bless their wee little hearts!) even looked into it, and we all seem to
come to the same conclusion - it takes some kind of black magic to overcome
the Teflon coating on XP! I understand they've increased security against
macro viruses, and part of that involves the digital signature certificates
that would say a macro is okay.

If you could give me any help on this, I'd greatly appreciate it! I'm
getting tired of enabling macros several times a day!

Ed