Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Date format

I need to be able to insert a date into one row and then
link it to anothr row only I need it to be able to use
calender days so that I can not count work days i.e.
weekends for scheduling purposes. Please help or tell me
it can't be done. Thanks a million.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I would think you could calculate the difference by
adjusting the two dates to be the same day of the week
(via the weekday function), calculating the difference and
dividing by 7 to get the # of weekends, subtracting 2*
that from the difference, and then adding back what your
adjustment was.

John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

if the two dates are in cells b5 and b6 i think this
works. i hope you do not want to try to exclude holidays
though!

John

ps this calculates 4 days between fridays - if you want
that answer to be 5 take out the "-1" on line 2.

=B6-B5-(WEEKDAY(B6,2)-WEEKDAY(B5,2))-2*(B6-B5-(WEEKDAY
(B6,2)-WEEKDAY(B5,2)))/7+(WEEKDAY(B6,2)-WEEKDAY(B5,2))-1-IF
(WEEKDAY(B6,2)=7,2,IF(WEEKDAY(B6,2)=6,1,0))

.