Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copying and moving matching data problem

Hello,

As a new learner of VBA, I’m having a very hard time with this. I’
trying to see if any cells in columns 1 and 3 are duplicates of eac
other. If so, I need for the value of the cell in column 2, in th
same row, next to the matching cell in column 1, to be copied int
column 4, in the same row as the matching cell in Column 3. Column
will have more entries than column 3.

In example, this is what it the spreadsheet would look like befo

Acc # Name Acc# Name
163 Mark 597
744 Pam 917
682 Eric
917 Sara
597 Mike
753 Liz

And, hopefully, it will copy and paste the matching values of column
into column 4, so it would look like this:

Acc # Name Acc# Name
163 Mark 597 Mike
744 Pam 917 Sarah
682 Eric
917 Sara
597 Mike
753 Liz

The actual spreadsheet will be much longer. Thank you so much i
advance. I’m having a very hard time getting past this.

Cha

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
no need for VBA: Enter the following in D1:
=VLOOKUP(C1,$A$1:$BB$100,2,0)
and copy down

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Hello,

As a new learner of VBA, I’m having a very hard time with this. I’m
trying to see if any cells in columns 1 and 3 are duplicates of each
other. If so, I need for the value of the cell in column 2, in the
same row, next to the matching cell in column 1, to be copied into
column 4, in the same row as the matching cell in Column 3. Column 1

2
into column 4, so it would look like this:

Acc # Name Acc# Name
163 Mark 597 Mike
744 Pam 917 Sarah
682 Eric
917 Sara
597 Mike
753 Liz

The actual spreadsheet will be much longer. Thank you so much in
advance. I’m having a very hard time getting past this.

Chad

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

1
will have more entries than column 3.

In example, this is what it the spreadsheet would look lik

befo

Acc # Name Acc# Name
163 Mark 597
744 Pam 917
682 Eric
917 Sara
597 Mike
753 Liz

And, hopefully, it will copy and paste the matching values o

column
2
into column 4, so it would look like this:

Acc # Name Acc# Name
163 Mark 597 Mike
744 Pam 917 Sarah
682 Eric
917 Sara
597 Mike
753 Liz

The actual spreadsheet will be much longer. Thank you so much in
advance. I’m having a very hard time getting past this.

Chad

---
Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ *

Thank you so much! That worked perfectly.

Chad :