Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default DATA FORM problem

Hello Gurus,
I am facing yet another problem. I have created a small data bas
tracking parts inventory and usage. I am using DATA-Form for users t
input parts usage. But sometimes pats are added to the list and th
FORM does not capture the added colums to show up in the form. How ca
I solve this problem.
Also I want a trigger or perhaps a button which if clicked, should g
throug the list and print a list of parts to be ordered if under mi
level.
appreciate your help. I using Excell 2002.
sazi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi saziz,

Excel Help says that a DataForm can contain a maximum of 23 fields. Is that the
problem, perhaps?

For your second question, please describe how your spreadsheet is organized.

Regards,
Anders Silven
Excel 2002

"saziz " skrev i meddelandet
Hello Gurus,
I am facing yet another problem. I have created a small data base
tracking parts inventory and usage. I am using DATA-Form for users to
input parts usage. But sometimes pats are added to the list and the
FORM does not capture the added colums to show up in the form. How can
I solve this problem.
Also I want a trigger or perhaps a button which if clicked, should go
throug the list and print a list of parts to be ordered if under min
level.
appreciate your help. I using Excell 2002.
saziz

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use this DataForm
http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"saziz " skrev i meddelandet
Hello Gurus,
I am facing yet another problem. I have created a small data base
tracking parts inventory and usage. I am using DATA-Form for users to
input parts usage. But sometimes pats are added to the list and the
FORM does not capture the added colums to show up in the form. How can
I solve this problem.
Also I want a trigger or perhaps a button which if clicked, should go
throug the list and print a list of parts to be ordered if under min
level.
appreciate your help. I using Excell 2002.
saziz

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not me this time, Dave!

Copied and pasted from Excel XP Help - Swedish:

"Dataformulär kan innehålla högst 23 fält."

You can skip the translation; 23 in Swedish is the same as 23 in English.

BTW, when I prepared my reply, I tried to access
http://office.microsoft.com/assistan...p/offxp/excel/
that I have used on and off, to get the help text in English.
However, now I got redirected to Microsoft Sweden where that page does not
exist.
www.microsoft.com is "user friendly" and redirects me to Swedish content all the
time without me asking for it. Don't know what to do about it.

Anders Silven
Sweden

"saziz " skrev i meddelandet
Hello Gurus,
I am facing yet another problem. I have created a small data base
tracking parts inventory and usage. I am using DATA-Form for users to
input parts usage. But sometimes pats are added to the list and the
FORM does not capture the added colums to show up in the form. How can
I solve this problem.
Also I want a trigger or perhaps a button which if clicked, should go
throug the list and print a list of parts to be ordered if under min
level.
appreciate your help. I using Excell 2002.
saziz

---

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Anders,
No that is not the problem, as I said it is not capturing the coulmn
which are added after I wrote the macro, I hve less than 15 columns..
All I need macro to do is to capture all the cells having data to pu
in FORM. These are less than 23 columns.
My next Q is about a script which would go through tmy list of part
and capture those parts which are below set minimum level, compile
list with part no. and print.
saziz

saziz wrote:
*Hello Gurus,
I am facing yet another problem. I have created a small data bas
tracking parts inventory and usage. I am using DATA-Form for user
to input parts usage. But sometimes pats are added to the list an
the FORM does not capture the added colums to show up in the form.
How can I solve this problem.
Also I want a trigger or perhaps a button which if clicked, should g
throug the list and print a list of parts to be ordered if under mi
level.
appreciate your help. I using Excell 2002.
saziz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi again saziz,

DataForm question: Post your code.

Print macro question: How is the worksheet organized? Column/Row headers? Where
is minimum level vs. current level?

Regards
Anders Silven

"saziz " skrev i meddelandet
Hi Anders,
No that is not the problem, as I said it is not capturing the coulmns
which are added after I wrote the macro, I hve less than 15 columns..
All I need macro to do is to capture all the cells having data to put
in FORM. These are less than 23 columns.
My next Q is about a script which would go through tmy list of parts
and capture those parts which are below set minimum level, compile a
list with part no. and print.
saziz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That must be 32 converted to kronors! Dave's right (for once <vbg),
according to Microsoft:

XL2000: Error Using Data Form If Too Many Fields Are Present
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=214303

"saziz " skrev i meddelandet

Hello Gurus,
I am facing yet another problem. I have created a small data base
tracking parts inventory and usage. I am using DATA-Form for users to
input parts usage. But sometimes pats are added to the list and the
FORM does not capture the added colums to show up in the form. How can
I solve this problem.
Also I want a trigger or perhaps a button which if clicked, should go
throug the list and print a list of parts to be ordered if under min
level.
appreciate your help. I using Excell 2002.
saziz

---

Dave Peterson

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use a dynamic range for the database, so both columns and rows can
increase, up to 32 columns. There are instructions he

http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic

Then, use the range name in your macro.

saziz wrote:

*Hello Gurus,
I am facing yet another problem. I have created a small data base
tracking parts inventory and usage. I am using DATA-Form for users
to input parts usage. But sometimes pats are added to the list and
the FORM does not capture the added colums to show up in the form.
How can I solve this problem.
Also I want a trigger or perhaps a button which if clicked, should go
throug the list and print a list of parts to be ordered if under min
level.
appreciate your help. I using Excell 2002.
saziz *

---

Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I did not challenge Dave's statement that the maximum number of fields in a Data
Form is 32. My point was that I based my post on the Swedish Microsoft Excel
Help File where it says 23. Making fun of people who can't read or write can be
funny sometimes, but being lesdyxic, dyslectic, sydslected, or even odd is often
even
better.

"saziz " skrev i meddelandet

Hello Gurus,
I am facing yet another problem. I have created a small data base
tracking parts inventory and usage. I am using DATA-Form for users to
input parts usage. But sometimes pats are added to the list and the
FORM does not capture the added colums to show up in the form. How can
I solve this problem.
Also I want a trigger or perhaps a button which if clicked, should go
throug the list and print a list of parts to be ordered if under min
level.
appreciate your help. I using Excell 2002.
saziz

---

Dave Peterson

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Debra,
This (Dynamic Range) seems working.
Thankyou so much

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Anders,
Thanks for baring with me. The spread sheet columns has the parts no.
and the rows gets filled in as the data is entered. I am targeting
particular column (say column F) which has an embeded formula to adjus
the inventory of an item. Once any part get sbelow set minimum level.
My script captures it and copy the relevant info cells of that item an
puts into another sheet and prints it.
Debra's idea of (dynamic range) for DATA FORM worked and I am almos
getting there..
saziz;

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You're welcome. I'm glad you've got it working.