Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default macro in 2003 template asks for non-existent XLS

Hi all:

Created a template in 2003 with a medium sized set of
macros. Call it "work.xlt".

Saved it, doubleclicked to open new "work1.xls". Noticed
a couple of problems, closed work1.xls without saving.

Opened work.xlt, made my changes, started to test, and
now all macros seem to want to open "work1.xls".
Simplest are some "goto sheet" macros, just select sheet
then select cell. When you run any of these macros, a
message box appears that "work1.xls cannot be found".

even tried saving under another name as play.xlt
template, but macros still ask for work1.xls.

Any suggestions? Thanks for your help