Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Interplay between UserForms question

This has been a problem for some time, and despite several posts
I cannot resolve the problem (probably because of my poor posts).

In essence, I have a multi-use print routine called by an addin's
menu item. It iinitially presents a form which allows the user to
direct the code to which type of 3 workbooks they wish to print
..... if type 1 then open folder1 etc.
Code then allows the user to select the workbooks in that folder
they wish to print (ie multiselect is set to True).

With their selected workbooks, I now need to know the answer
to a few questions, so I display a form which asks the following:
a You want to print every worksheet in every chosen workbook
b You will want to hide column(s)
c You want to include the printing of pages that total '0.00'
d You want to include the printing of pages with no totals

If their answer to a) is Yes (ie Selected) then every workbook
will be printed (subject to their b, c, d, choices). If No, then
they are presented with a form which allows them to select
their chosen sheets.

If they answer b) then they are asked if they wish to hide the
same column(s) in every sheet, in every selected workbook.

As far I as I can see, this code is working ok., and I believe
they can Ok and exit the form without errors.

If, however, they go on and continue to choose c) and/or d)
options, then problems occur.

What happens then is that they make their c) or d) decision.
In that case a further option is shown (do you wish this to
apply for every workbook/sheet?). User makes their
decision and are then returned to the original Form. When
they now Ok to exit, they are then presented with either
of the forms called by c) or d)

{I'm not explaining this very well ......... apologies)

They then have to re-make their c) and/or d) choices several
times before they can exit successfully exit.....

When this happpens, the routine does not appear to exit cleanly.
If the user runs it again (immediately, without closing Excel)
then at least one entry in the original form is blank/missing.

This seems so very close to being a really useful print utility
for my users, and I would theredore be grateful for help.
However module code and forms etc, are lengthy.

Do I post all code to the ng, or would someone be kind enough
to look at an email?

Time is not critical.

Regards.
to the original form.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Stuart,

When the user is presented with the dialogs after steps c & d, are they more
userforms or input boxes or message boxes? It sounds like they are userforms
that are not being handled properly. Send me the workbook if you like.

Regards, Greg

"Stuart" wrote in message
[...]

Beginer to UserForms question on assigning properties to objects [email protected] Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 July 27th 07 01:45 PM
Help with Userforms Panagiotis Marantos Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 July 25th 06 04:26 PM
I need some help with userforms T.c.Goosen1977 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 June 30th 06 09:27 AM
Userforms nath Excel Programming 1 May 20th 04 04:53 PM
Userforms - listbox question Stuart[_5_] Excel Programming 3 September 2nd 03 12:40 PM